YOUR INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE!
Dear raptor monitoring colleagues,
Research and Monitoring for and with Raptors in Europe, EURAPMON, is an ESF Research Networking Programme that runs for 5 years from May 2010.
EURAPMON’s objective 2 is to establish consensus on Europe-wide priorities for monitoring for and with raptors, based on comprehensive inventory of existing monitoring and of needs of key users (policy makers, risk assessors, environmental managers).
As a key contribution to objective 2, we would like to invite you to take part in this questionnaire-based survey of existing monitoring for raptors in Europe.
The geographical scope of EURAPMON, and therefore for this survey, covers the whole of the geographical Europe, and includes Greenland, Russia to the Urals, the Caucasus and the whole of Turkey.
The questionnaire has been carefully designed and tested by a working group of experienced raptor monitoring experts. It aims to map current and past raptor monitoring activity in Europe in terms of:
- The organizations and individuals who carry out or have carried out raptor monitoring;
- The time frames of the monitoring activities;
- The raptor species targeted; and
- The specifications of the monitoring activities.
Please note that the inventory does NOT seek to collate and/or share raw monitoring and research data; rather, its focus is on metadata information (Who is doing what?) on monitoring activities.
To submit a questionnaire, you must first register (2-3 minutes).
By participating in this survey, your raptor monitoring and research activity will be visible for other registered User all over the world, and you will be able to see questionnaires completed and submitted by other Participants too.
In due course, we will also make the results available as a searchable on-line inventory of existing raptor research and monitoring in Europe.
We would be grateful if you could complete this online questionnaire at your earliest convenience!
Thank you very much in advance for your participation in this EURAPMON survey!
Dr. Al Vrezec
For more information on the
DO YOU WANT TO START SUBMITTING A QUESTIONNAIRE RESPONSE NOW?
If so, please chose one of the following options:
• Open the questionnaire form to start a new submission or to complete a draft you have previously saved. Click here.
• Open a copy of a questionnaire you have previously submitted, in order to use it as a template to make a new submission for another species for which many of the entries are the same. Click here.
Please note that for completing a monitoring questionnaire you 1) have to register/log in and 2) complete the Network Participant form.
SHOULD YOU WANT TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK
- on general EURAPMON questions please contact Irena Bartoncelj, EURAPMON Coordinator,
- on the technical aspects of the questionnaire FOR raptors please contact Andras Kovacs, WP2 FOR Raptors Coordinator,
- on IT issues please contact AT Bt.